Revelation 10:1 – 11:11 is an interlude between the 6th and 7th Trumpets and parallels the interlude between the 6th and 7th Seals, & goes back to the beginning of the tribulation & recaps.
Revelation 10:1-11 The Messenger, the “Little Scroll,” & the 7 Thunders
- Vss. 1-2 The Messenger is Christ
- Clothed with a cloud – Transfiguration Matthew 17:5
- Rainbow above head – Ezekiel 1:26-28; Rev. 4:3
- Face like the sun – Transfiguration, Matthew. 17:2; Rev. 1:16
- Feet like pillars of fire – Revelation 1:15
- Vss. 3-4 The Seven Thunders
- Right foot on the sea (judgment of Gentiles) and left foot on the Land judgment of Israel
- Voice like a lion – Hosea 5:14; Hosea 11:10; Hosea 13:7-8
- John HEARD the prophecies of the 7 Thunders, but forbidden to reveal
- Vss. 5-7 When the 7th Trumpet sounds
- “there shall be time no longer” under the curse, completion of 6k yrs.
- The “Mystery of God” will be finished, REVEALED through Messiah.
- Vss. 8-11 The “Little Scroll”
- Sweet in the mouth, bitter in the stomach, parallels Ezekiel (1:26-3:11) 1. Sent to announce God’s judgment & sifting of Israel & the surrounding nations.
- Vs. 11 “THEY said to me” (The Messenger and the voice from heaven)
- John must prophesy AGAIN (beyond Revelation) “against many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings” – in the end times w/ Elijah (Mal. 4:5-6).
- Early Christian writers understood from this passage that John would be raised from the dead in the last days to proclaim the message of the seven thunders and the contents of the little scroll. (See: Hippolytus, App. xxi). To “prophesy again against…” implies John’s once again standing in opposition to these peoples, just as Ezekiel did.